Foam Update – Open Cell Dry-Fast Foam – Part 2

foam part 2 2

Measuring the “aired out” foam in our library (which is a work-in-progress itself!)

It has now been a few days since I unwrapped the foam from the vacuum bags and plastic wrap. As I mentioned in my last post, suggests that you let the foam breath or air out for a couple of days to allow the material to bounce back to form. The sheets I ordered were supposed to be 3″x90″x50″ and 3″x50″x45″. The measurements I took this morning are 3″x90x49.5″ and 3″x48x45″. These measurements, though not completely accurate, fall within the company’s “dimensional tolerances”.

foam part 2

As you can see, the edges of the foam no longer look as roughly cut as when I first unpacked the boxes

Overall, I am pleased with the foam and am looking forward to choosing fabric this week. I am waiting for swatches of Sunbrella and Ultrasuede to arrive (I am considering Ultrasuede for the salon cushions) from,, and I will keep you posted on how the transactions go with these vendors as well as post some images of the fabric I am considering. In the meantime, I will be re-watching the Sailrite video on how to make cockpit box cushions.

This entry was posted in Home Page, Margaret's Blog. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *